We believe in developing programs that are school led. Teachers know their students needs better than anyone so we believe that we should be guided in what type of program the students undertake. That’s why we always meet with the school before any program, listen to their ideas and goals and then as a team we create something that is exactly what the individual school is wanting.
As parents ourselves we understand how nervous it can be to hand over your children/students to someone else and for them to partake in an activity that may be preserved as ‘risky’. That’s why we have everything risked assessed which is then backed up by Emergency Action Plans and Standard Operating Procedures. We have an open door policy enabling schools to full inspect these beforehand.
We are also fully insured and all of equipment is regularly inspected to ensure everything is in working order. We are also independently inspected by the Adventure Activity Licencing Authority to ensure that all our safe guards are to industry standards and we also employ an independent Technical Advisor who also inspects all our working documents and our practices in the field.
When running activities we only work within the boundaries of our national recognised qualifications, we have a safety phone check in system for the end of every session and we also carry a comprehensive first aid kit plus other items to compliment this.
Working with the teachers we always develop a program that fits their goals. Within these we take every opportunity to develop and grow a student’s self confidence, self esteem and their ability to work within a team. Couple this with the schools aims and this we believe will result in a complete experience for students.
AN EXAMPLE OF A POTENTIAL PROGRAM
Six week (on day each week) Paddle Sport Development
- Weeks one to three multi craft development
- Weeks three to six, single craft focus
- At the end of the program all students will have passed a British Canoe Union qualification
Five week (one day each week) Resilience development
- Week 1 – Intensive team games followed by reviews
- Week 2 – Outdoor team led challenges focusing on communication
- Week 3 – A day of team leader challenges
- Week 4 – A day of team support, placing students in situations where they will need to ask for help.
- Week 5 – A student led challenge, with an ultimate goal to achieve.
Booking is easy, simply contact us below and together we can bring this together.
- Call us on 01349 368653 or 07768 095228
- Use our website contact form
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org